JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!
Longview Farms is a progressive grower and shipper of a wide variety of certified organic fruit and vegetable crops as well as conventional fresh-cut daffodils, daffodil bulbs, pumpkins, and hay. We are one of the largest certified organic vegetable farms on Vancouver Island and our produce, flowers and bulbs can be found in local retail stores throughout Vancouver Island and the lower mainland. Our farm is in the municipality of Central Saanich on Southern Vancouver Island which is on the West Coast of British Columbia. This area hosts some of the most productive farmland in Canada.
POSITION: Produce Packer/Quality Control
Reporting to the Head Grower, the Produce Packer/Quality Control is responsible for ensuring that all products being shipped to customers, meets, or exceeds the Longview Farms standard of excellence from the time of harvest to storage, and the packing and distribution of products to customers. In addition, the incumbent will also be responsible for keeping records for the Food Safe and organic programs for the farm, as well as assisting with daily harvest of various crops, general crop maintenance and general warehouse clean-up/management.
Victoria (Central Saanich), British Columbia
- Supervising and participating in the storage and packing of all products to ensure quality expectations and food safe requirements are met.
- Managing product storage including product rotation and cooler inventory to ensure freshness and sustainability of products prior to shipping.
- Working with the Growing and Sales Teams to provide estimated product availability and delivery times to ensure freshness while coordinating shipments.
- Managing harvest, inventory and packing records for field and greenhouse Food Safe and organic programs.
- Working alongside the Grower to ensure all Food Safe, organic, and health and safety records are maintained.
- Cleaning and maintaining the packing bench and general warehouse area.
- Maintaining inventory of packing materials.
- Ensuring worker adherence to all Food Safe and WorkSafeBC regulations.
- Fostering a positive and healthy work environment with all employees.
- Assisting with harvesting and crop maintenance as needed.
- Additional farm-related duties as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years’ experience working in a farm setting.
- 1+ years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
- Attention to detail with an ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and problem solve.
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs, load/unload product and work in a physically demanding environment for long hours in inclement weather conditions.
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract.
- Post-secondary education in Horticulture or Agriculture is considered an asset.
- Experience in Food Safe and organic certification programs is considered an asset.
- Forklift experience is considered an asset.
- Occupational First Aid Certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish is considered an asset.
- MS office skills: including, Word, Excel and Outlook are considered an asset.
- Competitive Hourly Rate.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan.
- Employee discount on produce.
- Full-Time position, Monday to Friday, requires flexibility on hours to work weekends and holidays as seasonally required.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position for which you are applying.
Longview Farms is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply. Longview Farms will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Human Resources representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially