- Mentors, leads, and coordinates the field work of UBC Farm Practicum in Sustainable Agriculture students.
- Coordinates and performs day-to-day land stewardship and production activities for a defined range of agricultural crops. The primary production focus of this position is field grown brassicas.
- Land stewardship and production activities coordinated or performed by the Practicum Field Coordinator may include (but are not limited to) plant propagation, field cultivation, irrigation installation, irrigation management, mowing, pesticide application, nutrient application, hoop house construction, pruning, harvesting, poultry care, field scouting, invasive species control, compost management, data collection, and record keeping.
- Liaises with other field staff and the Practicum Coordinator to plan, prioritize, and facilitate day-to-day practicum field tasks in the context of crop production and sales systems on a working campus farm.
- Works with the Practicum Coordinator to guide student plot experience (shared and individual plots). This includes being available to answer questions during plot time, ensuring that plots are being properly managed, ensuring that students are receiving sufficient guidance and support, as well as integrating the educational curriculum into the student plot experience.
- Collaborates on practicum program development and assists the Practicum Coordinator with administrative tasks related to the management of the program.
- Provides practical training and limited theoretical instruction to student workers, practicum students, student interns, and volunteers.
- See more details in the PDF here.
Find more Farm Jobs for hire at UBC Farm on our website here!