QUALITY & PACKING BENCH LEAD/HARVESTER
Reporting to the Head Grower, the QUALITY & PACKING BENCH LEAD/HARVESTER is responsible for managing the quality control program to ensure all organic crops meet or exceed the Longview Farms standard of excellence from the time of harvest to storage, packing and distribution of products to customers. In addition, the incumbent will also be responsible for keeping records for the overall food safe and organic programs for the farm as well as assisting with daily harvest of various crops, general crop maintenance and general warehouse clean-up/management.
- Manages and makes routine improvements to the overall Longview Farms quality control programs.
- Manages and continually enhances the product storage program; including product rotation schedules and cooler inventory levels to ensure freshness and sustainability of products prior to shipping.
- Coordinates with the Sales Team and Grower on estimated quantities and delivery times to ensure freshness while coordinating shipments.
- Manages inventory and packing records and related documentation for field and greenhouse Food Safe and organic programs.
- Works alongside the Head Grower to ensure all Food Safe, organic and health and safety records are always maintained.
- Cleans and maintains the packing bench and general warehouse area.
- Ensures worker adherence to all food safe and work safe regulations.
- Fosters a positive and healthy work environment with all employees.
- Assists with harvesting and crop maintenance as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years’ experience working in a farm setting
- Post-secondary education in Horticulture or Agriculture is considered an asset.
- Occupational First Aid Certification is considered an asset.
- Experience in food safe and organic certification programs is considered an asset.
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract is required.
- Forklift experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish is considered an asset
- MS office skills: including, Word, Excel and Outlook are considered an asset
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs, load/unload product and work in a physically demanding environment for long hours in inclement weather conditions.
- Attention to detail with an ability to meet time sensitive deadlines effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to work with multiple individuals at varying levels in the organization and with varying levels of experience.
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as seasonally required by the farm.
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2022. Please send your resume to Luke Kenyon: firstname.lastname@example.org.